Saturday, December 31, 2011

What's this all about?

The Challenge:


Play through one game from each Pokemon generation in a year.


The Games:


Blue, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, Black (and yes I'm counting remakes, I also have FireRed, which if I get through everything I'll go back and play as well.)


The Reason:


So I've been collecting all these Pokemon games, and yet I have not finished a single one! At most I will get half way through before becoming distracted, and by the time I get back to the game, I have no idea where I am or what I ought to be doing. So here I am challenging myself to play them.


How:


I will not be doing the Nuzlocke Challenge. I will try to catch as many pokemon as I can. I will be trying to complete each game as completely as possible, but mostly getting through the Elite Four at least. 


I'll update about which new pokemon I've caught and when I evolve them, probably any funny anecdotes I come up with storywise per game.



2012 is a leap year so I have roughly 73.2 days to finish each game.
73.2 days is about 10.5 weeks, which is 2 months, 2 weeks, 3 days(ish)



Here is my basic timeline of when each game should be finished:

Blue - March 13th
HeartGold - May 25th
Emerald - August 6th
Platinum - Oct 18st
Black - Dec 31st

No comments:

Post a Comment